No Ghee !!! Moong Pista Halwa
Moong dal has high quality, easy to digest protein and is superior of all dals, appropriate for people of all age groups. My twist on this halwa is that I tried it without ghee or oil and it turned out delicious and healthy !!!
Moong Pista Halwa
No. of Servings : 4
Moong dal flour - 1 cup
Bengal gram flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Pistachios few finely chopped
1. In a pan melt sugar with milk. Bring it to a boil. Keep aside.
2. In a non-stick kadai, fry bengal gram flour and moong dal flour till a nice aroma comes. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
3. Pour in the milk mixture little by little and stir continuously so that lumps do not form.
4. Keep stirring the halwa over a low flame till it is done and it starts coming to a dough consistency.
5. Halwa is ready to serve. Garnish with pistachios.