This chicken groundnut masala is my own innovation. I like the flavour of groundnut with chicken and so I tried it and turned out delicious.
Groundnut is rich in energy and contains monounsaturated fatty acids. It contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It's good for children.
Chicken Groundnut Masala
No. of Serving : 4
Chicken breast meat - 300 gms
Groundnut roasted - 50 gms
Onion - 2 medium
Tomato - 2 medium
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curd - 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Cloves - 3
Cinnamon - 1" piece
Cardamom - 2
Star anise - 1
Marati mokkuu - 1
Salt to taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
1. Wash, dry, cube the chicken and marinate with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and curd for 1 hr. Keep aside.
2. Puree tomatoes , keep aside.
3. In a kadai , heat oil add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise and marati mokkuu.
4. Then add finely chopped onion and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
5. Add tomato puree, salt and coriander powder and sauté till tomato is done and oil separates on the top.
6. Then add the marinated chicken and fry for 5 minutes, then add little water and cook till the chicken is done.
7. Coarsely powder the peeled roasted groundnut and add to the chicken. Sauté for 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot with steamed rice , chapati or puri. It goes well with idly and dosai also.