Today I have cooked keerai kozhambu with arai keerai. This keerai is very appropriate for making kozhambu and it tasted delicious.
Keerai / Spinach has a lots of health benefits. It is low in fat and high in niacin, zinc, folate, vitamin A C E and K, protein fibre, thiamin, iron, manganese, potassium, calcium, copper and magnesium.
Keerai Kozhambu / Spinach Curry
No. of Serving : 5
Keerai / Spinach - 1 bunch
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1 medium
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Tomato - 1 medium
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop the keerai / spinach and keep aside.
2. In a kadai , heat oil in a pan and add mustard, cumin and fenugreek seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle add onion.
3. When the onion turns translucent add ginger garlic paste and saute till a nice aroma comes.
4. Then add tomato, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and saute till the tomatoes are cooked.
5. Then add keerai / spinach and add little water and cook till the keerai is fully cooked.
6. Then add tamarind paste and sufficient water for the kozhambu and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice.