I found a lot of gooseberry in the vegetable market, so thought of making healthy dishes with it. Today I have tried this tasty chutney using gooseberry. Gooseberry has a lot of health benefits. It is low in calorie, fat and cholesterol. It is rich in vitamin C and A, manganese and dietary fibre.
No. of Serving : 6
Gooseberry - 10
Urad dal - 3 tbsp
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Ginger - 1" piece
Green chilli - 2
Red chilli - 2
Coconut - 3 tbsp
Coriander leaves - few
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Cut, remove the seeds and chop the gooseberry. keep aside.
2. In a kadai, heat oil and add urad dal, saute till the urad dal turn brown in color.
3. Then add asafoetida, ginger, red chilli and green chilli and fry well.
4. Then add chopped gooseberry, salt and saute till it is half cooked.
5. Then add coconut and coriander leaves and saute for 3 minutes.
6. Cool and grind into a smooth paste.
7. Serve with idli, dosai, chappati and puri.