"Happy Christmas - Merry Christmas" to all out there from my Boni's Healthy Twists. Here I am again with a healthy tart. My twist on the tart is that I have made it with whole wheat flour instead of the traditional white flour. For the filling I have used Paneer / Cottage cheese which is healthier than the regular cream cheese.
Wheat Tart With Paneer Custard
Servings: 6 mini tarts
For the Tart
Wheat Flour - 200 gms
Butter - 75 gms (cold and firm to touch)
Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp
Ice cold water - as required
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - a pinch
For the Filling
Paneer - 200 gms
Custard Powder - 4 tbsp
Milk - 400 ml
Sugar - 1 cup
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients for tart except butter and water.
2. Cut the butter into small cubes and mix it into the tart mix. With the tips of your fingers, mix it quickly but gently till the butter gets incorporated in the tart mix and the mix comes to the consistency of breadcrumbs.
3. Add required amount of ice cold water little at a time and bring the dough together. Do not knead the dough.
4. Wrap the dough in a cling-wrap and refrigerate it for 15 - 20 minutes.
5. Preheat OTG oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes in mode 'toast'.
6. Grease the cup cake moulds with butter.
7. Roll out tart dough to 1/4 of an inch. Place dough into the mould. Press it gently into the mould. Trim off the edges.
8. Bake it for 20 minutes in OTG at 180 degrees in mode 'bake'.
For the Filling
1. In a pan mix milk, sugar and custard powder, bring to a boil and simmer it till the custard thickens. Cool and keep aside.
2. Grind to smooth paste paneer and prepared custard.
Fill each tart with the paneer custard filling and top it with cherry or any dry fruits and nuts of your choice.
Serve Warm or hot. It tasted delicious hot from the oven with a warm paneer custard filling.