My twist on the regular banana sponge cake is that I have added walnut for more nutrition. In this banana sponge walnut cake I have not added butter or oil.
Banana Walnut Cake
No. of Servings : 6
Maida / All purpose flour - 125 gms
Banana - 2 medium ripe
Egg - 3
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Walnut - 20
Sugar - 100 gms
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
1. Grind walnut and banana to a smooth paste.
2. In a mixing bowl, add egg and sugar and vanilla essence and blend well with an electric blender for 10 minutes.
3. Sieve maida and baking powder. Add it little by little to the egg mixture and mix gently till it is completely incorporated.
4. Add banana walnut paste and mix well.
5. Preheat an OTG to 180 degrees for 10 minutes in mode "toast"
6. Grease and flour the mould and pour the cake batter into it and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes in mode "bake".