Cluster Beans has a lot of health benefits. They are low in glycemic index and thus beneficial for diabetic patients. It helps maintain good blood pressure and blood circulation. It has a good source of dietary fibre, thus good for cardio health and bones.
Cluster Beans Chutney
No. of Servings : 8 - 9
Cluster beans - 100 gms
Toor dal - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 big
Tomato - 1 big
Ginger - 1" piece
Garlic - 5 cloves
Red chilli - 4
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Coconut - 4 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Red chilli - 1
Oil - 1 tsp
1. Fry toor dal in a dry pan till it turns brown and keep aside.
2. Fry coconut in the same dry pan till it turns brown, keep aside.
3. Heat oil in the kadai and add red chilli, curry leaves, chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté till garlic turns brown.
4. Then add chopped onion and fry till it turns translucent.
5. Add chopped cluster beans, add little water and cook till the beans are half done.
6. Add chopped tomato and turmeric powder and sauté till the tomatoes are cooked.
7. Cool it down and grind to a thick paste along with fried toor dal and coconut. Add little water as required.
8. Temper using mustard and red chilli.