My twist on the classic channa masala is that I have added Kasuri methi leaves (dry) for more flavour. Adding methi is also an healthy choice since it has lots of health benefits. It is good for diabetic people and also aids in weight loss. It's a natural coolant for the body.
Channa Methi Masala
No. of Servings : 5
Channa - 250 gms
Kasuri Methi dry - 4 tbsp
Onion - 2 medium
Tomato - 2 medium
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Soak channa overnight, pressure cook it with little water for 15 minutes.
2. In a kadai, heat oil and add onion and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
3. Then add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes.
4. Grind tomatoes to paste and add it , sauté till the tomatoes are cooked and oil separates on the top.
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Then add the channa with the water used for cooking it.
7. Sauté till the water is completely absorbed.
8. Add dry methi leaves and saute for 5 mintues.
9. Serve hot with chapati, puri or dosai.