This is highly nutritious ladoo. Moong dal is nutritious among the dal varieties. I have added groundnut candy and almond for more flavour taste and nutrition. Dates is also highly nutritious. It is rich in iron and other vitamins and minerals.
Moong Rava Dates Ladoo
No. of Serving : 20
Moong dal - 1 cup
Rava - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Groundnut candy - 100 gms
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Dates - 20
Almond - 20
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
1. Remove the seeds from dates and chop them, boil them in little water and cool and grind to a thick paste.
2. Dry roast moong dal till a nice brown colour and roasted aroma comes. Keep aside.
3. Dry roast rava till a nice aroma comes. Cool and keep aside
4. Powder both moong dal and rava. Keep aside.
5. Powder sugar. Keep aside.
6. Powder groundnut candy and almond. Keep aside.
7. In a mixing bowl mix together powdered sugar, powdered moong dal and rava, powered groundnut candy and cardamom powder and mix well.
8. Add ground dates paste little by little and make a dough. Let the dough rest for 1 hr.
9. Melt ghee and rub it in the hand and make balls / ladoo out off the dough.