This is my own innovation. The flavouring agent in this recipe is sesame seeds, I have not used any other flavouring item. Sesame seeds with coconut gave a unique flavour and taste to this halwa. It was delicious :)
Channa Sesame Halwa
No. of Servings : 5
Channa - 1 cup
Jaggery - 2 cups
Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp
Coconut grated - 2 tbsp
1. Mix jaggery with water and bring it to a boil, cool and filter it, keep aside.
2. Pressure cook channa with little water for 10 minutes and cool it.
3. Dry roast sesame seeds in kadai till they crackle.
4. Grind together sesame seeds, coconut and channa along with the water used for cooking it.
5. In a non-stick kadai heat the filtered jaggery , bring it to a boil and stir continuously for 5 minutes.
6. Then stir in the ground channa paste , stir continuously so that no lumps form.
7. Stir until it thickens and comes to halwa consistency, this will take about 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm.