Yam Jam is my own innovation. This dish is sweet, spicy and tangy. This is the first time that I am trying it. It tasted delicious as it sounds :)
Yam Jam (Spicy Sweet and Tangy)
No. of Servings : 4
Yam - 250 gms
Jaggery - 1 cup
Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
1. Clean and pressure cook yam for 4 whistle, cool and smash it, keep aside.
2. Add little water to jaggery and bring it to boil, cool and filter it, keep aside.
3. In a non-stick kadai, heat ghee and add red chilli powder then add smashed yam.
4. Then add tamarind paste and jaggery syrup and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Can be served with Indian breads.