My twist on this traditional moong payasam is that I have added thinai flour to make it more nutritious.
Thinai Moong Payasam
No. of Serving : 4
Thinai flour - 1/2 cup
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
1. Dissolve jaggery with little water bring it to a boil and filter it, keep aside.
2. In a pan add water and moong dal and boil it till moong dal is fully cooked.
3. Dissolve thinai flour with 1 1/2 cup water and add to the moong dal.
4. Cook over low flame stirring continuously till the moong thinai mixture is cooked and thickens. This takes about 10 minutes.
5. Then add the filtered jaggery syrup and cardamom powder. Boil for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve topped with nuts of your choice.