This is my aunt's recipe, my twist on this is that I have used chicken. My aunt does this with mutton.
Chicken Egg Masala
No. of Servings : 2
Chicken breast meat - 250 gms (cubed)
Egg - 1
Onion - 3 medium
Cinnamon - 1" stick
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
1. Marinate chicken with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste for 30 minutes.
2. In a kadai, heat oil and add cinnamon and onion, fry till onions turn translucent.
3. Then add marinated chicken and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Then add cumin powder and enough salt and add little water, cover and cook for 10 minutes till the chicken is done.
5. Break and egg into the chicken and mix well and sauté for 5 minutes till the egg is done.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can use any piece of chicken of your choice, I have just used the lean breast meat. You can also do this with mutton too.