My twist on the wheat naan is that I have add soya flour. To make it more flavourful I have roasted garlic and caramelised onion and added to the naan.
Wheat and Soya Naan with roasted garlic and caramelised onion
No. of Naans : 12
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Soya flour - 1 cup
Curd - 1 cup
Yeast - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Water as required
Salt to taste
Garlic - 4 cloves
Onion - 1 medium
1. Fry garlic in oil and smash it, keep aside.
2. Fry onion in oil till dark brown and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl mix together yeast, lukewarm water and 1/2 tsp of sugar. Let it rest for 10 minutes till the yeast activates.
4. In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, soya flour, fried onion, smashed garlic, salt, curd and yeast mixture. Mix well.
5. Add little water at a time and make dough to the consistency of the chapati dough.
6. Let this rest for 1 hr.
7. Make naan and toast it on both sides on the tawa or on the tandoori oven.
8. Serve with raita and any gravy of your choice.