I tried making some homemade paneer and it turned out good. Then thought of trying some easy recipe with it. Found idli batter in the fridge and thus paneer stuffed idli. I used silicon cup cake moulds for making this idli. This may be a good idea to attract fuzz kids to eat idli :)
For the filling
Paneer grated - 50 gms
Capsicum - 1/2
Onion - 1
Chilli powder as required
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Chop onion and capsicum finely, keep aside.
2. In a kadai heat oil, add onion and sauté till transparent.
3. Add the capsicum, salt, turmeric and chilli powder and cook till capsicum is
4. Then add the grated paneer and garam masala, fry till the mixture is completely
5. I used silicon cup cake moulds for steaming the idli. You can also use the regular idli moulds for this.
6. Grease the mould with oil.
7. Fill half the mould with regular idli batter. Spoon little paneer mixture and place it on the batter. Then fill the remaining part of the mould with more idli batter.
8. Steam this for 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot with chutney and sambar.
10. I served it with tomato dal chutney (link for your reference).
whole milk - 500 ml
Lemon juice - from 1 medium lemon
1. Boil milk and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
2. When still in simmer add lemon juice and keep stirring continuously until it curdles completely.
3. Turn off the flame. Filter it and it can be used immediately for this recipe.
- I used the regular coffee filter that has a fine net to filter the paneer from the whey water. Press on the paneer in the filter so as to remove excess whey water.
- Since this is fresh paneer and used immediately after making it, you can just crumble it with the fingers.