This is one of my favorite dishes which my mother used to prepare. This time also she prepared and I just photographed it. You can make puttu out of ray fish and also shark fish. The other preparation is making puli kuzhambu out of ray fish.
Ray Fish Puttu
No. of Serving : 4
Ray fish - 250 gms
Onion - 2 medium
Tomato - 1 medium
Curry leaves - few
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves - few
1. In a pan bring water to a boil, clean and add the fish along with little turmeric powder, boil for 5 minutes, discard the water, cool and peel the skin off and debone it. Keep aside.
2. In a kadai, heat oil and add fennel seeds, when the seeds begin to crackle add curry leaves.
3. Then add chopped onion and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
4. Then add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté till the tomatoes are well done and oil separates on the top.
6. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté well.
7. Then add the fish and salt, mix well and scramble them to form puttu.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.