This time my twist on the regular butterless cup cake is that I have added coffee as the flavour. I have used instant coffee mix.
Butterless Coffee Cup Cake
No. of Cup Cakes : 10 -12
Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 4
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Instant coffee powder - 1 tbsp
Water - 2 tbsp
1. Mix instant coffee powder in water and keep aside.
2. Sieve maida and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven in mode 'toast' at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, add sugar, instant coffee mix and eggs and whip it using an electric mixer with low speed. When the eggs are mixed well, after 2 to 3 minutes, add the baking powder and whip again for 10 minutes in medium speed.
5. Into the above mixture, add 1 tbsp. of the maida and fold into the egg mixture with a wooden spoon. Mix gently. When the flour is mixed well, add 1/2 of the flour and mix again gently. Then finally add the remaining flour and mix well, but gently. This way, the flour mixes into the egg mixture evenly without forming lumps.
6. Place the cup cake liners in the cup cake moulds.
7. Pour into it the cake batter almost up to the rim of the liner. When it cooks, it rises up a little but cup cakes looks good if it rises above the liner.
8. Bake it for 20 minutes at 180 degrees in 'bake' mode.
9. It’s better to check the cake after 15 minutes, if it’s done. Time taken to bake depends on oven you are using. Take a skewer and insert into the centre of the cake all the way down till the bottom. If the skewer comes clean then the cake is cooked.