My twist on the traditional kozhukattai recipe is that I have used Sathu Maavu / Millet flour / Multi-grain health mix flour along with red rice puttu flour.
Both Millet and red rice has lots of nutrients. Its rich in protein, iron, fibre and vitamin B. For the list of ingredients in the millet flour / sathu maavu refer link.
No. of Kozhukattai : 20
Red Rice puttu flour - 1 1/2 cup
Millet flour / Sathu Maavu / Multi-grain health mix - 1 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 2 cups
Grated Coconut - 4 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
1. In a pan add jaggery and little water. Bring it to a boil. Filter and keep aside.
2. Heat water to just hot and add a pinch of salt. Keep aside.
3. In a mixing bowl add red rice puttu flour, sathu maavu / millet flour, grated coconut and cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Add the hot jaggery water to the mixture and mix well. Add the hot water little at a time and mix and make kozhukattai.
5. Grease idli mould with oil.
6. Place the kozhukattai on the idli mould and steam cook for 15 minutes.