Enjoy the summer vacation folks !!! with a Paan Soy Kulfi Stick.
In this recipe I have taken the good parts of the paan and used soya milk to make the paan soy kulfi. I have not used the areca nut and tobacco.
Betel leaves have many medicinal benefits. It relieves cough, headache, constipation, cures boils, used for removing warts, cures gastric ulcers, heals wounds and its antibacterial property helps maintain a good oral hygiene when the leaves are chewed.
Paan Soya Milk Kulfi
No. of kulfi : 10
Soya Milk - 400 ml
Corn flour - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Salt a pinch
Betel leaves - 7 medium size
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Gulkand or Rose Petals - 1 tbsp
Dates - 7
1. In a heavy bottom pan, mix together soya milk, corn flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. Place it on the stove, bring it to a boil over a medium flame, stirring continuously. Reduce the flame and simmer for 3 minutes till it thickens. This takes about 5 minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
2. In a mixer / blender, grind together betel leaves, dates, fennel seeds, gulkand or rose petals. Add little water and grind to a smooth paste. Filter and keep aside.
3. Mix this to the soya mixture. Pour into a freezer safe box and freeze it for 4 - 5 hrs.
4. After 4 hrs take it and blend it with an electric blender.
5. Pour this into paper cups. Top it with tutti fruity.
6. Cover it with aluminium foil. Make a slit in the middle and insert the ice cream stick. Freeze it. It takes about 7 - 8 hrs to set.
Top it with mint sprinkles. Paan Soya Milk Kulfi is ready to serve.