Kollu / Horse Gram has a lot of health benefits. It has a good source of vitamins, iron and protein. It has complex carbohydrate, thus suitable for diabetic people. It is known to reduce the cholesterol level in the blood.
Kollu Chutney / Horse Gram Chutney
No. of Servings : 4
Kollu / Horse Gram - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 medium
Ginger - 1" piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
Red chilli - 3
Coconut - 3 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
1. Fry kollu / horse gram in dry kadai till brown and nice aroma comes, keep aside.
2. Fry coconut in a dry kadai till brown, keep aside.
3. In a kadai, heat oil and add the ginger, garlic and fry well, add red chilli and fry.
4. Then add onion and fry till onions turn translucent.
5. Add tomatoes and fry till done.
6. Grind together coconut, kollu / horse gram and the sautéed onion mixture.
7. Temper using mustard and curry leaves.