I always wanted to try something different with the chicken breast meat every time I buy chicken. This time I found good eggplant in the vegetable store and so I tried this cutlet. It was very nice, crispy on the outside and the chicken soft and juicy inside.
Baked Eggplant Chicken Cutlet
No. of Cutlets : 8 - 9
Eggplant - 1
Chicken - breast meat of 1 chicken
Egg - 2
Bread Crumbs - 100 gms
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1 medium
Salt to taste
1. Grind raw chicken breast meat along with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt.
2. To the above ground chicken mixture add 1 egg and mix well.
3. Add 2 tbsp of bread crumbs, finely chopped onion and finely chopped half the amount of coriander leaves to the above chicken mixture and mix well, keep aside.
4. Whip 1 egg with little pepper and salt, just until the egg white and yoke are mixed together, keep aside.
5. Mix the remaining finely chopped coriander leaves with bread crumbs and keep aside.
6. Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes in mode 'toast'.
7. Wash and cut the eggplant into circular pieces, about 1/4 inch thickness.
8. Spoon the chicken mixture and spread on top of the eggplant piece on one side, about 1/4 inch thickness.
9. Dip this eggplant piece in the egg mixture, coating on both sides.
10. Place it on the bread crumbs mixture and coat both sides. Press it tight on both sides.
11. Do the same with the other eggplants pieces.
12. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it with little cooking oil and place the eggplant pieces on it, with the chicken mixture side on top.
13. Bake in OTG for 20 minutes at 170 degrees in mode 'bake'.
14. Change the OTG setting to mode 'broil' and broil for 3 minutes to get brown colour on top.
15. Serve hot with tomato sauce and mayonnaise.
- Since chicken breast meat is lean meat, they tend to become dry when baked, so adding onion and bread crumbs with the chicken mixture will make the cutlet soft and juicy.
- I toasted some fresh bread and powdered it to make the bread crumbs. You can also use bread crumbs that are readily available in stores.